Hello! I was wondering if this game is kid-friendly? I’m looking for take-home writing activities for my struggling students for this year and don’t have the $ to purchase all the options to review. Thanks.
Not a Demon
A downloadable tabletop RPG
You are a guardian spirit, sent to the realm of humans to help them in their mortal experience.
Unfortunately, Fate has decided that you would manifest as a frightening shapeshifting creature.
Your very existence brings terror to the heart of men.
But you have a mission. You embrace your eerie essence, and you use it to aid those feeble mortals, even though you know they are unable to comprehend your ways.
What is this game?
Not a Demon is a game about perseverance and creativity, about seeing beyond appearances, and being true to who you are.
You play as a shapeshifter guardian spirit manifested in the human world as a demon-like creature. Despite your honorable calling, the common folk see you as a monster, and they treat you as one.
Your supernatural essence stops you from communicating directly to them. You are uncapable of mundane actions, such as talking or interacting with the material world. Whatever you do, it is both miraculous and terrifying for the people of these lands.
Everything in this world will tell you to give up and return to the spirit realm, or become the demon they say you are. But you know your truth, and you are determined to be a guardian and a helper of these people, even if they never recognize you as such.
Press Kit available here: https://bit.ly/notademon
- Zero-prep: the stories are created as you play them!
- Solo or coop: play alone or in a group, without the need of a GM!
- Rules-light: based on Dash, the simple d6-pool mechanic is easy to learn and fast to apply!
- Pre-made characters: 6 unique guardian spirits you can pick from and start playing right away!
- Toolbox: a custom map with 8 locations, featuring description, 6 people of interest and 6 troubles each, plus an assortment of random tables to spice up your stories!
Your purchase includes:
- 82-page, full-colored, richly illustrated, totally hyperlinked and bookmarked PDF
- At-cost print-on-demand coupon for the pocket book (4.25 x 6.875 in | 108 x 175 mm)
- 6 character playbooks, both in full color and printer-friendly formats
- Custom map with easy access to each of the 8 unique locations
- Rules-reference document with all the mechanics you need during play
- Every purchase adds +1 community copy!
► This game was made possible by the support of my amazing patrons. Join today and get all my future games for free!
In order to download this tabletop RPG you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $14.90 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Every purchase = a new community copy
Support this tabletop RPG at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
If you're in need and can't afford a copy of the game, help yourself to a community copy.
• Every PDF sale adds 1 extra community copy
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I need a community copy! So bad!
Another amazing game created by a favorite designer of mine. I love the map and locations in this: packed full of ideas for compelling NPCs and adventure seeds.
Absolutely great game! Concise and action-packed, love it
Hey, just finished reading the book - it's great, I love it. I'll write a review later on today, but I have a (small) question. In the section about advancement, it says:
"Subtract the MP spent from your total score, but do not change the Total value on your playbook."
Why? To give a general idea of how far the character has come?